The OgreBase plugin provides a core set of tools and functionality to WordPress. It is required and intended for WordPress themes built within or as a child of the OgreParent theme. Out of the box, this plugin provides support for the following:
- Error message handling
- Login page customization settings (logo and color scheme)
- Advanced site-wide schema configuration
- Simple shortcodes (search-form, date, & bloginfo)
- Access to ACF Pro & ACF Customizer (Paid account key required for updates of ACF Pro)
More features can be unlocked as needed by using the “ogre/packages” PHP filter. Notably including the following:
- Social sharing post links
- Featured post support
- Ajax post queries
- Post & taxonomy sorting
- Embedded video API functionality (for use with YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia)
- Simple admin option field handlers
Most of this functionality requires theme support to work as intended and will not work out of the box. Please contact our team if you require assistance or any further inquiry.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/mu-plugins/ogrebasedirectory to ensure that it is active.
What is this plugin?
If you do know what plugin you have downloaded, please contact CleverOgre for more information. This plugin is only developed for a small, private audience.
- Requires at least: 5.0
- Tested up to: 5.4.2
- Stable tag: 0.1.5
- License: GPLv2 or later
0.1.5 - 11.13.2020
- NEW: Standard Gutenberg blocks are now packed in. These include Address, Post, Posts, and Scheduled. Block templates and field groups can be overriden by theme.
- DEV: Admin customizer links are filtered back in if the theme uses customizer package.
- DEV: Updated ACF Customizer to 0.2.11.
- DEV: Added boolean filter to prevent removing gutenberg assets on frontend. "ogre/default_gutenberg_assets"
- DEV: Added filter to ajax post template. "ogre/ajax_template"
- DEV: Changed featured functions to use static class methods to prevent global function conflicts.
- DEV: Include object_id as term_id in database access within sorting functions. CAUTION: May have adverse affects on existing sorting data.
- DEV: Changed social item functions to use static class methods to prevent global function conflicts.
- BUG: ACF initialization action early execution fix.
- BUG: Fixed ACF Customizer enqueue asset problem on customizer pages. See https://github.com/mcguffin/acf-customizer/issues/3.
- BUG: Login background image size key fix on sites without OgreParent theme. Defaults to "large" instead of "extra-large".
- BUG: Improved ajax request pagination and fixed errors.
- BUG: Improved plugin update total calculations.
- BUG: Fixed admin term items link on some taxonomy pages.
0.1.4 - 10.12.2020
- NEW: Added background image support to login page settings.
- NEW: Pre-defined theme font sizes support with ogre/font_sizes filter.
- NEW: \Ogre\Ajax package to support ajax calls to ogre/get_posts action.
- NEW: Extensions package for smaller optional theme functionality. Still in development, so use with caution. Currently disabled but will be added as a default package in the future.
- DEV: Converted Error class to static references.
- DEV: Ability to use \Ogre::get_acf_responsive_image(...) with local theme files, specifically for use with SVG assets.
- DEV: Improved file versioning.
- BUG: Fixed bloginfo shortcode bug.
- BUG: Improved plugin activation checks and fixed bugs.
- BUG: Removed OgreBase included plugins from update checks.
0.1.3 - 08.31.2020
- Upgraded jQuery to 3.5.1 on Google CDN.
- Upgraded included ACF Pro to 5.9.0.
- Fixed term relationship database issues with sorting module.
- Improved gutenberg editor styling for WP 5.5 and removed dependency on outdated Bourbon Sass library.
0.1.2 - 08.17.2020
- Added color palette options to login page.
- Added new ACF 5.9 block features - align_text & inner_blocks.
- Enabled shortcodes as a default package.
- Added get_block_by_id function to extract block data from post_content.
- Renamed Login Logo page to Login Settings.
0.1.1 - 07.27.2020
- Added Customizer support.
0.1.0 - 07.14.2020
- Initial build of OgreBase plugin from previous OgreBare theme template.