The OgreCore plugin provides a core set of tools and functionality to WordPress. It is required and intended for WordPress themes built within or as a child of the OgreTemplate theme. Out of the box, this plugin provides support for the following:
- Error message handling
- Login page customization settings (logo and color scheme)
- Advanced site-wide schema configuration
- Simple shortcodes (search-form, date, & bloginfo)
- Extra Gutenberg blocks including Address, Post, Posts, and Scheduled
More features can be unlocked as needed by using the “ogre/packages” PHP filter. Notably including the following:
- Social sharing post links
- Featured post support
- Ajax post queries
- Post & taxonomy sorting
- Embedded video API functionality (for use with YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia)
- Simple admin option field handlers
Most of this functionality requires theme support to work as intended and will not work out of the box. Please contact our team if you require assistance or any further inquiry.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/OgreCoredirectory to ensure that it is active.
What is this plugin?
If you do know what plugin you have downloaded, please contact CleverOgre for more information. This plugin is only developed for a small, private audience.
- Requires at least: 5.0
- Tested up to: 6.0.0
- Stable tag: 0.2.7.1
- License: GPLv2 or later
0.2.7.1 - 2022-07-18
- BUG: Repair block field group loading order.
0.2.7 - 2022-07-14
- NEW: Added REST/Gutenberg support to Featured post setting.
- BUG: Extension field group initialization and
- BUG: Improved
- BUG: Moved optional package loading to
ogre/packagesfilter is accessible to themes.
- BUG: Fixed .htaccess rule duplications within firewall extension.
0.2.6 - 2022-06-28
- DEV: Improved extensions loading to resolve filter issues. Primary extensions load at
setup_themeand secondary extensions load at
ogre/extensions/load_earlyaction added for specific use-cases.
- NEW: ACF block anchor id support.
- NEW: ACF block color classes.
ogre/use_default_jquerytheme support option added to prevent overloading of Google jQuery and local jQuery UI assets which are now deprecated with WP 6.0.
0.2.5 - 2022-06-10
- NEW: Conditional Block! Define a set of rules to control the display of inner blocks. User, page, and date conditions. Expandable with actions and filters.
- NEW: Hidden & Textarea field types, Readonly support, and improved post_id parameters in OgreField!
- DEV: Field group exists optimization. Prevent trashed field groups as well.
- DEV: Thumbnail excerpt optimization.
- DEV: Text align classes added to block attributes by default.
- DEV: Delayed loading of extensions to allow child themes to initialize.
- DEV: Improved
- DEV: ACF block color support added.
- DEV: Added args parameter to template_part functions.
- DEV: Improved font support. Added
- BUG: Various formatting and bug fixes.
- BUG: Force centering of wp-block.
0.2.4 - 2022-01-05
\OgreCore\Blocksclass to handle general block template functionality.
ogre/extensions/loadto more easily load theme extensions and ensure dependencies are included.
ogre/editor_field_group(s)filter for dynamically adding fields to Page Settings.
- DEV: Added style and data support to
full_heightoption in acf_register_block_type for ACF 5.10.
- BUG: Width/height fix for ajax loading SVGs.
0.2.3 - 2021-07-23
- NEW: API key extension for Google API resources.
- DEV: Improved Posts block with selected posts.
- DEV: Makefile package zipping compilation support and asset rearranging.
- DEV: Improved acf block classes.
- DEV: New
get_field_group_fields_by_titlefunctions added to static Ogre class.
- DEV: New filters for address block and improved line break logic.
- DEV: Added template hierarchy for
- DEV: Styles and transform support in ogre/blocks filter. Transform support is still experimental.
- BUG: Sorting term relationship refresh with creating a new term in a valid relationship.
- BUG: Gravity Forms footer script initialization when using ajax-enabled sites.
0.2.2 - 2021-04-16
- NEW: Added new multi-tier organization and local business types to schema options.
- BUG: ACF Customizer previewer array access bug. Improved customizer field group styling.
0.2.1 - 2021-02-18
- DEV: New enqueue_assets callback option on block registration. Good for custom asset hierarchy.
- DEV: Updated ACF Customizer to version 0.2.12 (and minor PHP 8.0 fix).
- BUG: Plugins requirements check fixes and improvements.
0.2.0 - 2021-02-03
- NEW: Renamed from OgreBase to OgreCore.
- NEW: Ogre Extensions added under Settings -> Extensions.
- NEW: Firewall extension to automate SSL and non-www redirects with WPAIOS.
- NEW: Removed included ACF Pro and added requirement notice on activation. ACF Pro must be installed alongside OgreCore.
- DEV: New functions get_acf_link, the_acf_link, and get_parent_block_by_id in Ogre class.
- DEV: Added render_callback override to block registration.
- BUG: Block loading fixes and improvements
- BUG: jQuery WP Rocket defer fix.
- BUG: Number of bug fixes and improvements throughout.
0.1.5 - 2020-11-13
- NEW: Standard Gutenberg blocks are now packed in. These include Address, Post, Posts, and Scheduled. Block templates and field groups can be overriden by theme.
- DEV: Admin customizer links are filtered back in if the theme uses customizer package.
- DEV: Updated ACF Customizer to 0.2.11.
- DEV: Added boolean filter to prevent removing gutenberg assets on frontend. "ogre/default_gutenberg_assets"
- DEV: Added filter to ajax post template. "ogre/ajax_template"
- DEV: Changed featured functions to use static class methods to prevent global function conflicts.
- DEV: Include object_id as term_id in database access within sorting functions. CAUTION: May have adverse affects on existing sorting data.
- DEV: Changed social item functions to use static class methods to prevent global function conflicts.
- BUG: ACF initialization action early execution fix.
- BUG: Fixed ACF Customizer enqueue asset problem on customizer pages. See https://github.com/mcguffin/acf-customizer/issues/3.
- BUG: Login background image size key fix on sites without OgreParent theme. Defaults to "large" instead of "extra-large".
- BUG: Improved ajax request pagination and fixed errors.
- BUG: Improved plugin update total calculations.
- BUG: Fixed admin term items link on some taxonomy pages.
0.1.4 - 2020-10-12
- NEW: Added background image support to login page settings.
- NEW: Pre-defined theme font sizes support with ogre/font_sizes filter.
- NEW: \Ogre\Ajax package to support ajax calls to ogre/get_posts action.
- NEW: Extensions package for smaller optional theme functionality. Still in development, so use with caution. Currently disabled but will be added as a default package in the future.
- DEV: Converted Error class to static references.
- DEV: Ability to use \Ogre::get_acf_responsive_image(...) with local theme files, specifically for use with SVG assets.
- DEV: Improved file versioning.
- BUG: Fixed bloginfo shortcode bug.
- BUG: Improved plugin activation checks and fixed bugs.
- BUG: Removed OgreCore included plugins from update checks.
0.1.3 - 2020-08-31
- Upgraded jQuery to 3.5.1 on Google CDN.
- Upgraded included ACF Pro to 5.9.0.
- Fixed term relationship database issues with sorting module.
- Improved gutenberg editor styling for WP 5.5 and removed dependency on outdated Bourbon Sass library.
0.1.2 - 2020-08-17
- Added color palette options to login page.
- Added new ACF 5.9 block features - align_text & inner_blocks.
- Enabled shortcodes as a default package.
- Added get_block_by_id function to extract block data from post_content.
- Renamed Login Logo page to Login Settings.
0.1.1 - 2020-07-27
- Added Customizer support.
0.1.0 - 2020-07-14
- Initial build of OgreCore plugin from previous OgreBare theme template.